Teeth are an important part of facial beautification. Dental implants are extremely beneficial in the quality of life for people with serious tooth problems. A maxillofacial surgery center suggests dental implants Orange County as a great investment for those with healthy jawbones to accommodate the implants. Apart from you and your surgeon, none can tell you have dental implants, making this as natural looking as ever.
What are dental implants?
Popular since the 1970s, dental implants became a worthy alternative to dentures or bridges to replace unhealthy or missing teeth. The procedure includes a titanium or titanium screw inserted into the jaw bone by dentists to hold the custom-made dental crown in place. In the last 5 years, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the use of zirconia implants as well.
For those with gum bone deficiency, will need a bone graft. For the upper jaw, the patient will need to undergo a sinus lift beforehand of the dental implants. Children with the underdeveloped jaw bone, chain-smokers, people with neck or head surgery, diabetics, or who take immunosuppressive drugs, or are nighttime teeth grinders- are advised against teeth implants.
3 types of dental implants
- Zygomatic implants: People with severe bone deficiency need zygomatic implants to anchor the upper facial bones. It’s more affordable than single teeth replacement as multiple teeth are supported on only four posts.
- All-on-4 implants: A faster and more affordable procedure, it uses four standard implants to anchor a full arch-bridge in place. Keep in mind that the prosthetic bridge is bulkier and similar to wearing traditional dentures.
- Mini or short implants: These are the skinnier version of standard implants if there is a bone deficiency. But the success rate is very small in these implants.
Steps of dental implants orange county explained
- Dental exam: Before the implant surgery, your dentist will conduct a thorough exam using a 3D imaging CT scan to detect whether your bone structure can hold the implants.
- Removal of tooth or teeth: This step can be done by oral surgeons or dentists specializing in implantology to remove the teeth that are going to be replaced.
- Bone graft: If the patient has insufficient bone structure, bone grafting is done by harvesting bone from elsewhere in the patient’s body. There are synthetic or natural donor bone options as well.
- Implant insertion: After the bone graft surgery heals, the dentist will drill into your bone to put the artificial tooth root in place. If the bone grafting is minor, then both of these surgeries can be done in one sitting. For the osseointegration, the patient will temporarily have to wear a removable denture to cover the gap where the tooth was taken out from.
- Abutment process: After three months when the bone has grown to support the implants, the abutment is added and the gum area is closed around the edges. Now give the gum 4-6 weeks to heal.
- Crown insertion: After the abutment procedure, digital impressions are taken of existing teeth to make a mold to match the shape, color, and size of other teeth. Then, the crown is set in place in the final step.
Benefits of dental implants
- Dental implants replace jaw bone stimulation to help maintain jaw bone mass.
- The dentist will take digital impressions to match the existing teeth’ shape, size, colour to match natural teeth and to fill the gaps.
- Due to implants being anchored with a titanium post, people with implants can bite with the same force as natural teeth.
- Due to implants, people with missing teeth can then pronounce words correctly and naturally.
- Dental implant materials never decay so no worries about dental cavities ever.
- You just need to brush and floss to care for dental implants.
- Dental implants are firmly anchored in place so there is no tension of embarrassing shift or slippage during laughing, talking, or eating.
- Dental implants help you to support adjacent teeth to maintain a straight, even smile.
Let’s get a dazzling smile everyone aspires for! Dental implants are the safest and worthy investment in facial beautification. To get your dental implant in orange county, schedule an appointment with OCMAXSURGERY.COM to receive a professional dental implant treatment in Orange County & Tustin, CA.